Brisbane Greeters is a FREE public service open to everyone. Whether you’re a local, here on business, a student, visiting or choosing Brisbane as your new home, we’re looking forward to meeting you. Brisbane Greeters are locals who love living here so much that they are enthusiastic about introducing you to their city, and sharing their intimate knowledge. Click here to book!
Explore the City
Brisbane boasts many precincts with a variety of food, shopping and fun! View the city map and discover what each area offers by clicking here.
Planning a few extra days of travel fun around the conference? View the variety of tour options by clicking here.
Click here to see a list of handy Brisbane apps for traveling around the city.
Discover Brisbane – home to quintessential Australian experiences
Discover a vibrant, modern Australia city where the sunny climate matches the welcoming nature of the locals. There’s a wealth of experiences and attractions waiting for visitors.
- Visit the world’s oldest and largest koala sanctuary and cuddle one of these friendly marsupials or hand-feed a kangaroo.
- Take to Brisbane’s Moreton Bay, where you can hand-feed wild dolphins from Tangalooma Island Resort or get up close and personal with migrating humpback whales via a whale-watching cruise.
- Soak up sun, sand and surf at nearby world-famous beach destinations such as the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast or discover World Heritage-listed rainforests.
- Witness and participate in traditional song and dance passed down over many generations with the Yuggera Aboriginal dancers at Riverlife Mirrabooka.
- Climb one of Brisbane’s landmarks with the Story Bridge Adventure Climb, one of only three bridge climbs of its type in the world.
- Savour Brisbane’s thriving culinary scene where some of Australia’s top chefs serve up innovative menus using the freshest local produce in riverside precincts such as Eagle Street Pier and River Quay.
- Roam the Eat Street Markets with its Asian-styled street food amid a colourful atmosphere and live entertainment.
- Shop until you drop in precincts such as the Queen Street Mall and James Street, home to international brands, flagship stores and boutique retailers.
- Discover the wonders of Brisbane’s Cultural Precinct at the South Bank Parklands, where you can take in international performances at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, soak up the state’s natural history at the Queensland Museum or explore exclusive exhibitions at the largest institution of its kind in Australia – the Gallery of Modern Art.
- Book a free walking tour with a Brisbane Greeter and find out about the city’s hidden secrets, special places and amazing stories.